TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE CONTEST
By means of these terms and condition set forth herein (''Terms and Conditions''), the Company is conducting a contest named 'Studio Red Carpet to Jumanji' (''Contest'') to promote the cinematographic film titled 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' (''Film'') by providing an opportunity to the Participant(s) (as defined hereunder) to submit their entries on the social networking platform more particularly the Company's Facebook page being https://www.facebook.com/ZeeStudio/ (referred as ''Entry Platform'') and get a chance to win the Gratification (as defined hereunder) on terms more particularly described herein below which you agree to be unconditionally bound by:
- I. PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION
- In order to participate in the Contest, each Participant shall be required to (i) watch a promo-clip that shall be posted by the Company on its Entry Platform during Contest Period (ii) match any one of the 4 teenagers in detention to the avatar they chose in the video game of Jumanji and take a screenshot of the correct match in the comments section along with the Contest Hash Tag throughout the Contest Period (as defined hereunder) (''Entry''). To submit the Entry, the Participant shall be required to log onto the Entry Platform through his/ her valid existing Facebook account and click on the page/post created on the Entry Platform by the Company and submit/post his/her Entry.
- Entry shall be accepted from 10:00 IST on December 16, 2017 and continue till 23:55 IST on December 17, 2017 (''Contest Period'').
- The Contest is open for Participant(s) who are residents either of the following cities i.e. Mumbai or Delhi (including Noida and Gurugram only) (individually referred to as ''City'' and collectively as ''Cities'').
- The Company may promote this Contest through the medium of the Zee Studio Channel, Website, print media (newspapers), television (promos, astons, bugs etc.), on ground promotions, push sms, radio, digital media/ online and any other manner as shall deem fit by the Company, at its sole discretion, stating the mechanism in which the Participant(s) can participate in the Contest.
- Each answer submitted in accordance with Clause I (1) by the Participant shall mention the hashtag '#StudioRedCarpet #Jumanji' (''Contest Hash Tag'').
- It is further clarified that the details of the Entry may be publicized on the channel named 'Zee Studio' (''Channel'') and any other channel owned and/or operated by the Company and/or any other platform/medium owned and/or operated by the Company other than the Entry Platform.
- For purposes of the Contest, ''receipt'' of the Entry shall be considered by the Company only when the Entry submitted by Participant(s) is received by the Company and visible on the Entry Platform.
- For the purposes of the Contest, a complete and valid Entry will constitute of (i) logging onto the Entry Platform; (ii) clicking on the post created by the Company on the Entry Platform for the Contest; and (iii) match any one of the 4 teenagers in detention to the avatar they chose in the video game of Jumanji and take a screenshot of the correct match in the comments section along with the Contest Hash Tag and submitting the same by clicking on â€œsubmit/click/postâ€ button. If the Participant(s) fails to make the Entry in the manner as stated hereinabove and/or is not a resident of any of the City and/or has violated any guidelines published by the Entry Platform, then his/her Entry shall be considered incomplete and the Participant(s) shall not be eligible for the Gratification. For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby clarified that by submitting the Entry, the Participant(s) is representing that the Entry or contents thereof are not confidential or comprise any sensitive personal information.
- It is clarified that each Participant may submit multiple Entry within the Contest Period though the Entry Platform. Entry received from the Participant(s) which is contrary to the terms mentioned above during or after the Contest Period shall be considered null and void. For the sake of clarity, submitting multiple Entries shall not make the Participant(s) eligible to win the Gratification and/or increase the chance of winning the Gratification and that the Company shall have the sole and absolute rights to decide on to which Entry (out of multiple entries) of the Participant to be considered.
- The Participants shall ensure that the Entry submitted is decent, in compliance with applicable laws, and is not immoral, defamatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libelous or blasphemous to any person, religious sect or section of the society, or infringe the rights of any third party including intellectual property etc. Participant shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that
(a) belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
(c) harm minors in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
(e) violates any law for the time being in force;
(f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(g) impersonate another person;
(h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
(i) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. For avoidance of doubt, the Participant(s) agrees that the Company has the right to remove any such material/Post which may not be in consonance with applicable law.
- The Company shall not be responsible in the event Entry is not received due to any technical error and/or connection failure and/or electricity failure and/or for any reason whatsoever.
- At the end of the Contest Period, on the basis of the Participant(s) having made a valid Entry as per terms and conditions mentioned above in Clause I (8), the Company shall by way of a randomizer round, to be held at the sole discretion of the Company, shortlist and select three (3) Participants (''Winners''). The Winners of the Contest shall get couple tickets to the 'special screening of the iconic Film' which shall be held in Mumbai and/or Delhi (''Gratification'') to subject to verification process as mentioned in Clause I (14) to Clause I (16). It is clarified that the Winner and the one person of Winner's choice shall be fully responsible for any and all other cost including but not limited to food, accommodation, incidental cost and travel cost to reach the venue/location. It is clarified that apart from the Gratification, the Winner shall be not entitled for any other gratification/ opportunity whether monetary or otherwise.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall have the sole discretion to choose and finalize the form and/or value and/or brand of the Gratification and the Participant shall have no claim in any manner whatsoever in this relation. The Participant understands and agrees that the Company shall have full discretion, without informing the Participant, to change the form of Gratification and the Participant shall abide by the Company's decision to this effect.
- For avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that the Company's decision and prerogative in regard to the selection and declaration of the Winner(s) shall be final and binding. The Company at any time during or after the expiry of the Contest Period shall at it sole discretion increase or decrease the number of Winners to be selected by the Company for being entitled to receive the Gratification. For the sake of clarity, mere submitting an Entry on the Entry Platform does not entitle the Participant(s) to receive the Gratification. Only the Participant(s) who have made a valid Entry as per terms and conditions mentioned above in Clause I (8), shall get a chance to proceed further for the selection process in the Contest.
- On selection of the Winner(s) by the Company, the Winners shall be intimated by the Company and /or by any other agency on behalf of the Company by directly messaging in the inbox of the Winners existing Facebook account from which the Winner has submitted his/her Entry (''Intimation Message''). The Winner will be required to connect with the Company on the contact number and email id that shall be mentioned in the Intimation Message within 24 (twenty-four) hours from the delivery of Intimation Message on the Winner's Facebook account.
- In case the Winner fails to revert to the Company within the timelines as mentioned Clause I (15), the selection of that particular Winner shall be invalidated and the Company at its sole discretion may select another Winner from amongst the eligible Participants. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any technical disruption and/or failure and/or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the Winner(s) are un-reachable, due to which the Company is unable to intimate the Winner(s).
- In case the Winner(s) reverts to the Company in a manner as said forth in Clause I (15) above, the Winner(s) shall be required to adhere to the verification process of the Company which inter alia shall include sharing (i) the personal information (''PI'') of the Winner such as name, contact number, email address, age, gender, name of parents, residential addressÂ etc. and (ii) identification documentation such as age proof, residence proof, their nationality proof (i.e., pan card (compulsory) and any other proof such as aadhar card / election card/passport/ permanent driver's license) (''Documents''). For sake of clarity, the Documents are required to be self-attested by the Participant and verified/attested by appropriate authorities. Notwithstanding anything contained herein in, such Intimation Message received by the Winner(s) from the Company does not entitle Winner to receive Gratification unless the Winner furnishes all requisite PI and the Documents in a form and manner desired by the Company. Post receiving the PI and Documents of the Winner, the Company shall verify the necessary PI and the Documents at its end.
- Only once the PI and/or the Documents have been verified by the Company, the Company and /or any other agency on behalf of the Company shall inform via facebook message/ on mobile number/ landline number/on Entry Platform the Winner(s) of the Contest who shall be entitled to Gratification from the Company. The Winner(s) shall be send Gratification on their email address provided to the Company by the Winner(s). The Company shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to resend the Gratification to the Winner(s) in case the Gratification has not been delivered or has been delayed due to any technical error and/or connection failure and/or electricity failure and/or for any other reason whatsoever.
- The Gratification received by each Winner shall mention the date, time and location where the screening of the Film will be held in Mumbai and/or Delhi. For the sake of clarity, each Winner and person of Winners choice shall be fully responsible for any and all costs including but not limited to food, accommodation, incidental cost and travel cost.
- The Gratification given to the Winners by the Company is non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. Each Winner agree and undertakes that no cash equivalent or alternative gratification/ opportunity will be given to the Winner and the Winner cannot exchange the opportunity given for any kind of gift with value.Â Further, the opportunity given to each Winner is personal in nature, hence the Winner cannot transfer the opportunity to any other person.
- The Winners shall not in any circumstances make any claims against the Company entities arising out of or relating to any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly or any related Contest, to the extent permitted under law. If the Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with any of the Terms and Conditions, the corresponding Entry will stand disqualified and such decision shall be final and binding.
- Family members and relatives of the employees of the Company and their group companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- No dispute shall be entertained with regards to the selection criteria. Decisions of the Company shall be final and binding on the Participant(s).
- Each Winner may have to sign any release form or other relevant document as required by the Company in order to receive the Gratification from the Company.
- The Winner(s) hereby agrees to release and discharge the Company from all Gratification and Contest related obligation on the Company delivering/ handing over the Gratification to the Winner.
- All PI and Documents as requested by and supplied to the Company by each Participant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading, failing which the Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to disqualify any Participant from availing the opportunity to participate in the Contest.
- II. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation is open to citizens residing in (i) the Cities stated hereinabove (ii) who are medically fit and (iiI) have no criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract with any third party that prevents the Participant(s) from participating in the Contest (''Participant(s)''). Documents pertaining to medical fitness must be furnished by the Participant on demand.
- Persons must enter the details on their own behalf and Entry(ies) by proxy will not be accepted, even for their family members.
- The Company reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing Terms and Conditions or withdraw the Contest without giving prior notice. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check the Terms and Conditions of the Contest on the Channel's Facebook Page i.e. https://www.facebook.com/ZeeStudio/ and/or Channel's website www.zeestudio.in (referred as ''Website'').
- The Participant hereby undertakes, warrants and guarantees to the Company that he has the full legal capacity to participate in the Contest in accordance with law and also these Terms and Conditions.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participant represents that he/she is medically fit and does not have present or past psychological problems. If in the past he/she has had any psychological problems or have been under medication for any psychological, anxiety, hypertension, depression or any other medical problems, the same shall be disclosed to the Company in writing along with a copy of the certificate from a qualified medical practitioner declaring him to be fit for participation in the Contest.
- Participant shall not be eligible as a Participant for the Contest if he/she is suffering from any kind of ill health, medical problems (viz. heart problem, blood pressure problem etc.).
- Participant represents that he/she has not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offence and/or is not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary which has not been disclosed to the Company in writing. That the Participant(s) is /are not required to be present before any authority including police or any court of law for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of registration and has no other disability which would prevent or impede his/her participation in the Contest (if selected/shortlisted).
- The Participant acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Contest at his/her free-will and is willing to bear all risk, costs (including but not limited to food, travel, incidental costs etc.) and consequences arising from such participation in the Contest.
- The Company makes no representations, warranties nor provides any undertaking to any of the Participant(s) that any or all of the Participants will be able to qualify for receiving the opportunity to participate in the Contest.
- The Company shall not be liable / responsible for any lost opportunity, damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise suffered / incurred by any of the Participant(s) in the event that the Company is not able to permit the Participant to take part in the Contest in accordance with any of the foregoing provisions.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions mentioned herein, the Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel the Contest or reschedule the Contest dates.
- At no point of time will the Company be obliged to notify unsuccessful Participant(s) of its decision.
- The Winner(s) of the Contest agrees that he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Company and participate in any Contest and/or campaign relating to the Contest (''Promotional Contest'') of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Shortlisted Participant and/or Winners. Further, the Winner(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Contest for any reason whatsoever. The Winner(s) gives his/her consent to the Company and/or any other agency on behalf of the Company to make the footage of the participation in the Promotional Contest. The Winner(s) in consideration of being afforded an opportunity to take part in the Contest, agrees that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winner(s) shall vest with the Company, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity and the Company may exploit the same in any manner and in any media whatsoever at any time throughout the world.
- The Participant(s) shall hold harmless and indemnify, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors or any other person from and against any injury/damage/harm/loss/death/mental or emotional trauma suffered by the Participant(s) and/or the Winners in connection with the Contest and/or the Gratification and also to the extent possible under law, waives all rights to file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India to claim any damages or reliefs.
- The Winners/Participant(s) shall hold harmless and indemnify the Company, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors and/or any other person from and against any suit/litigation/injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by the Company in connection with any act of the Participant(s)/ Winners and/or the Contest and/or post and/or Entry and/or any third-party rights claims with respect to the material submitted by the Participant(s)/ Winners.
- III. OTHER TERMS
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provision of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Courts in Mumbai.
- The Company is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
- Each provision of this Terms and Conditions shall be considered severable, and if for any reason any provision(s), or the application of such provision(s) to any person, entity or circumstance, shall be held invalid or unenforceable, such provision(s) shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, or the application of the affected provision to persons, entities or circumstances other than those to which it was held invalid or unenforceable.
- IV. NO LIABILITY
- The Company is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Participant in any manner whatsoever, in relation to participation in the Program.
- The Company, shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Participants, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Participant arising from or pursuant to the Contest or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant at any stage of the ContestÂ whether or not caused by (1) the Participant's participation in the Contest, or being selected or disqualified; (2) as a result of the decisions of the Company; and/or (3) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Company expressly excludes liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to participation in the Contest. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will the Company be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Participant; or circumstances beyond the Company's reasonable control.
- The Participant/Winners agrees that he/she shall hold harmless the Company, their affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies, their respective employees, officers, sub-contractors or any other person in connection with the Contest including but not limited to persons connected to the selection procedure for the Contest.
- The Company or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Participant and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Contest.
- Company shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/ interruptions or cancellation of the Contest on account of any force majeure factors or otherwise.
- Company shall not be held responsible or accountable for any expenses, loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, for the Winner(s) to receive the Gratification.
- The Participant hereby agrees to indemnify the Company or its affiliates against any claims that might arise from his/her actions or omissions while participating in the Contest or due to any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts by the Participant.